Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last Blocks...

Last week was my Family Reunion applique club at Quilts Etc.
We did the very last blocks that will go in the quilt. My students have been doing so well!


I added the lemonade jar to sit on the end of the food table....

...and of course, a stack of paper cups for the lemonade and to go along with the paper plate and plastic utensils that we have already put into the quilt.


My stunt double Kassidy stitched a very appropriate saying that will go above the paper cups. A row of colorful buttons will be stitched above the saying.


This is my quilt....or at least my quilt without the borders! I have the borders designed and all of the fabric cut and ready to stitch together. The border will be very scrappy...I am using 34 different fabrics.
The last class will be the end of this month and for those of you out there who are interested...the pattern will be available then.
I'm really excited about this quilt. It's been so fun designing it and has brought back so many memories from past Family Reunions.
My students have been able to put thier own family names on thier quilts which has made it very personal for them.
Some of them didn't have any family reunions while growing up and so have no memories of them. They have decided to plan thier own family reunions now and make memories for thier children and grandchildren. I think that's just fabulous!
I'll show you the borders as soon as I can...

post signature

25 comments:

Jenny said...

what a lovely quilt!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

OMG!!! It looks FABULOUS!!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

•stephanie• said...

just wonderful.
what a treasure.
you have amazing talent.
i love it.

Unknown said...

W O W!!!! I love it!!! hugs

busyascanbe said...

I love it ...I knew I should have done this one....well when the pattern comes out I will!

Jilly's Space said...

*swoon*
LOVE IT!! :-)

Jennifer said...

BEAUTIFUL.... That looks wonderful!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very special.

Judy said...

Can't wait for my pattern for the last blocks to arrive!! Darling! This quilt has been such fun to make. I'm anxious to see the borders. Thanks for such a wonderful job designing!!!

Nedra said...

It looks perfect all put together, even without the borders. We didn't have family reunions, but I remember using many of the items while we camped or went on a picnic with family and friends.

Michele said...

Love the lemonade jar and cups! So cute!

Thearica said...

An awesome quilt for sure!

Betsy said...

Lori, it is charming!

joy said...

you are soooooo amazing!! I love this quilt. My two faves, quilt's and family history. Love it, love it, love it!! Love, Joy

Melinda said...

Very cool quilt. A lot of time
went into this!

Melinda

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute quilt Lori.

Kim Walus said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! What more can I say? Well, I LOVE IT!!!

Elizabeth said...

Lori, your work is absolutely beautiful! I'll be watching for the pattern. I want to make this quilt for my mother-in-law!

Libby said...

It is amazing!! I love it! I always love to see Kassidy's work! I am just learning embroidery and that girl could sure teach me a thing or two!! You both do such beautiful work!
Libby

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!
I would like a glass of cool lemonade, please? Lovely.

dream quilt create said...

You have definately outdone yourself again! Kassidy seems to be just as talented as you are too. The Family Reunion is another breathtaker.

Jan said...

Oh Lori! It is absolutely fabulous! You my dear, are a fantastic designer AND a fantastic stitcher! Congratulations on another beautiful creation :)

Linda said...

Amazing, darling and beautiful! Lori, you continue to amaze me! I hope you will eventually rub off on me! :) Thanks for the lunch invite today - always fun!

Unknown said...

I appreciate this wonderful post!!

seo company

Carrie P. said...

Lori, your imagination astounds me. Fabulous1

Related Posts with Thumbnails