Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Making Valentines...

We have been making valentines the last few days...all of the supplies are out all over the kitchen table during this week so that we can make them for family and friends whenever we get the time here and there.
This is the first year that Sterling doesn't have a class list...but Kassidy brought hers home.

First we made a valentine box for her desk at school...we bought a heart shaped box at Heartland Paper and covered it with cute scrapbooking paper and lots of glitter.












We bought the cherry red heart suckers at Target. Kassidy used punches and some ribbon to make flower suckers for her classmates.

Pink and red for the girls....

Teal, yellow and red for the boys.




They're all ready to go to her valentine exchange party....

post signature

11 comments:

Kim Walus said...

Hey, I'm up late and caught your fun Valentine Post. I love the heart box that you both made for Kassie's Valentines party and the Valentine Cards are extra cute. I love it!

Jocelyn said...

Very cute cards. The box is adorable.

Elizabeth said...

What fun and creative Valentines! I love all the sparkle on the box. That is so cute!

dream quilt create said...

lucky Kassidy to have a mom like you, helping her make the coolest gifts in the class, I'm sure!

Rae Ann said...

Lori ~ This makes me wish I had a little child still at home! Seeing the Valentines box brought back so many memories of days spent doing this same thing. I miss those days!
Kassidy's box is so adorable! She will be the envy of the class...and the cards...sooo cute!!

Nedra said...

You are such a creative Mom. Love the Valentine Box. I can remember making those when I was growing up, but mine were not as cute. Kass is lucky to have you to help and inspire her creative flair.

Jan said...

Oh what fun Lori and I adore your "How to" quilt below! Another gorgeous creation :) Happy Valentine's Day to Kassidy and her friends :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! All the time and attention Kassidy gave to her preparations were well worth it...the end result is lovely. Kristy in Ohio

Melinda said...

Love Kassidy's box and her flower cards!

Melinda

busyascanbe said...

Way cute post!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Debbie

Linda said...

I LOVE the valentine's box! And the darling flower suckers - such a simple idea, why didn't I think of that!! Oh, because I am not YOU! You are amazing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails