Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kickin it at yo-yo mama's...

Yesterday was my Yo-yo Mama's meeting at Material Girls.
This is the pincushion that we are all making....some of us have already finished...like Shanna!











She had a fun time playing with wool and made a couple of different pincushions.



We are also making the sampler from Egg Money Quilts by Eleanor Burns....we are all at different stages of the quilt.....this is Pat's dresdon....


How about Rosanna's adorable quilt? Very bright and spring-y!...



This is Becky's dresdon....


And this is a dresdon that Shanna made out of the very first line that Moda put out....do you recognize it?


This is her rose quilt that was started at our retreat in Idaho last fall.
Now it's quilted and...of course.... adorable.




This Juli's beginning sampler quilt that she is teaching to a group of friends in her neighborhood.


And also a couple of bonnets she made in preperation for a pioneer trek this summer...


Well...that was my day yesterday....

....kickin it at yo-yo mama's....how was your day?


post signature

11 comments:

dream quilt create said...

Love it! Really want to make a dresden plate quilt. I notice that the centers with the darker colors than the petals stand out more. I am thinking red with little white polka dots for mine.....I spent my day yesterday, cooking a special dinner for St. Patty's - we had the missionaries and a newly baptized young man. Now I know part of your success in accomplishing so much....you don't get a whole lot of sleep :) Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic day!! Thank you for sharing. I just love all of the Dresdens! Just perfect!

Kim Walus said...

Oh goodie, I'm first today. What a fun post with so many wonderful things to look at. Loved all the quilts too and the pin cushions are darling. I especially love the grandmother's flower garden pincushion!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a really fun gathering. How could it not be with so many terrific projects! Thanks for sharing with us too! :D

Mary said...

Fun stuff! I did the "Trek" a few years ago, sort of locally, not at Martin's Cove. Where are your Youth going?

Chookyblue...... said...

loyts of lovely quilts and blocks.........sounds like fun.........

Sherri said...

Love everything...especially the first pincushion...absolutely wonderful!

Material Girls said...

Oh, I am so sad I had to miss! Looks like lots of fun show and tells, and Shanna's pincushion is so cute!! I'll see you soon!
Nadine

Pamela said...

Oh, these are so, so cute pincushions! Looks like you girls had fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

The shoes are so cute. The quilts are so cute! I can't believe I'm so behind here. I don't know where time goes but it is nice to know that my favorite blogs wait for me. I love the pincushions but they are too nice for pincushions, almost.

Carrie P. said...

Always fun to see what your friends are up too. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails